Sunday 18 August 2013

NOTD - High on Pink Tie Dye

Hi! Right now I'm wearing these pink sort-of-tie-dye nails I did for a big family reunion (which means to me a lot of people to see my nails, obviously :D) we had this weekend. For a long time I didn't know what kind of design to do. I knew what I was gonna wear, white girly dress, pink-red sweater if it gets colder and pink accessories, so my nails had to be pink. I don't wear pink nails very often and I don't even own many pink-red polish bottles, I'm much more into blues. It hit me Wednesday evening: when I was doing High on Nails design about two weeks ago, that came to my mind through tie dye, originally I imagined something like today's design.


It ended up better than I imagined, quite decent but still interesting, it matched my outfit perfectly and I received a lot of comments on them. But if someone asks how long they took I'm going to lie. I would go crazy if I was to paint both hands in a row, I did my left hand one day's evening and the right another day's afternoon.



This design was something for my artist's soul - two brushes, acrylics and white (Gabriella Salvete 148) surface to be painted. (When I paint big, I like doing landscapes and space, I suck at portraits.)


Right hand turn out less precise but still pretty precise:


The title refers to the High on Nails post as mentioned above and I feel about these almost the same, when it comes to being high and staring at them.


...and you should probably see what I was matching my nails to.


As a top coat I used Essence BTGN Top Sealer.
I like these so much I don't want to take them off but at the same time I really want to paint something new. Never ending problem of a nail artist, right?

[Note: I have a tutorial for this now.]

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm always so happy when I discover new nail art blogs and yours is so beautiful! I love your nail art so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you, I've been admiring your work for a long time (the photos!) and it inspired me many times, so your appreciation means a lot to me

      Delete
  2. Tak tieto sa mi veľmi páčia! Určite sa nechám inšpirovať ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so fun! Love this design! Oh and congrats on being last week's nail genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) all this is really motivating

      Delete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.