Saturday 24 May 2014

Purple Distraction

Hello!
I sat down to paint my nails the other day, but I was out of inspiration. I went through some of my older designs and ended up using the technique from my Tie Dye tutorial.


My favourite top coat NYC Turbo Dry has been sold out for a while, so I had to look for another alternative. I went with Essence Better Than Gel Nails high gloss, I used to use the regular gloss version before it was discontinued and I switched to NYC.


Essence Better Than Gel Nails high gloss (could the name be even longer?) is as good as the regular Essence BTGN, one of the favourite top coats of many nail bloggers. I can't really tell it's "high gloss".


For the design itself I used Gabriella Salvete 148 white base and acrylic paint over it.


When I posted these on the Instagram I asked my followers what does the design remind then of. Most of them agreed on fireworks, many suggested flowers (dandelions, chrysanthemums), what about you? Do these remind you of anything?
Take care!

6 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! They definitely remind me of fireworks too because of the colors. :) I am seriously doing these later. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors. It reminds me of the kaleidoscope for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color choice and an eye catching design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, thank you! show me in case you would really do them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, I see! all those little particles and symmetry of kaleidoscope, right :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.