Saturday 17 May 2014

Ringspired

Hey!
This time I was inspired by a ring. A ring I got from my Belgian friend as a good-bye gift. I loved it but I'm not much of a ring person. Then I got this idea...


A month later Elise, the Belgian friend, came for a visit to the Czech Republic and for that occasion I matched my nails to the ring. I also painted her nails with sweet roses (more about that at the end of this post).


The Process:
I painted my nails white (Gabriella Salvete 148) so I could create that yellow watercolour effect - if you look at the ring really close, you can see it's not plain yellow, but more like the watercolour. To achieve that look I used kind of watercolour technique with acrylics, something like in my Outlined Marble Tutorial. Then I painted the branches, leaves (how I do leaves in Rose Tutorial) and tiny pink flowers. I also had to incorporate the bird, it was so lovely!
As a top coat I used NYC Turbo Dry or maybe The New Black clear polish, I can't remember.


The bird I did with my non-dominant hand turned out a bit fatter and slightly smudged, no big deal though.


As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I painted my friend's nails too, she has such a long nail bed and strong healthy nails, I really enjoyed painting them. It took us a while to pick a design for her, eventually we agreed on pink roses I did on my nails in last fall. We took the photo below on our trip to near lakes.



I enjoyed her stay very much and these nails lasted the whole 8 days without major chips, yay! I was actually sad when I had to take off that little birdie.

Thanks for reading, take care!

5 comments:

  1. Tak to je dokonalé :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love that little birdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I think you are really talented!
    You have for sure a new follower via bloglovin! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaw, thank you! I'm happy to know that :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.